Saturday, October 07, 2006

Addiction

Addiction

You have an addiction; Like a cancer growing bigger out of control.
I don’t know how it started; End it before it consumes your soul.
You lie, beg, steal and borrow to feed it; That’s what addiction does. I thought I could trust you, Were you my friend?
You took from me to feed it; I guess I was the victim once again.
You have to work to regain broken trust, addiction has become your lust.
I know what you did; you will not own it, that’s what addiction does to the soul.
You have taken from me once; You will take no more. I will not feed your addiction.

Marie A Coppla


Copyright ©2006 Marie A Coppla

9 comments:

JLee said...

wow, I can relate to this one big time.

JLee said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
JLee said...

I like the name of your Myspace blog:

"..the children are they hopelessly enchanted"

Marie said...

Jen-Thanks You can tell I am a real Stevie fan Eh?

Miss Defective said...

Thanks for giving me the address to this blog. Out of the two poems posted so far, I have to say I like the first one better, probably because I can relate to it more than this one.

Sid

BlondeBrony said...

Great peom. This site is a nice idea.

Marie said...

Sid-Thanks for stopping by. It means so much

Brony-Thank you. I hope you will keep reading

Anonymous said...

Dealing with addiction is very difficult and painful for everyone involved.
My oldest son is addicted to both drugs and alcohol. I don't know who he is anymore and it scares me.*sigh*

Marie said...

Rain-Sorry you are living with someone who has an addiction. Please do everything you can to protect yourself. I know it is hard when it's your own child but if you don't you will be taken for the ride of your life. Thank you for stopping by. Please come again.