Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Welcome Everybody!!

Here it is as promised so long ago, my poetry blog. I would like to dedicate this blog to the memory of my niece-Brittany Nicole Kish-a published poet who had awesome potential. That potential will never be recognized due to her untimely passing on April 11, 2005.This blog deals with poetry. I will be publishing mine, Brittany's (with proper permission of course) and any other amateur poets. To submit poems e-mail me at mariecoppla@yahoo.com.I will start things off with one of mine called Silence

Silence

In silence I dream of living another life,
Life without constant turmoil and strife.
In silence my darkness cries out for help,
But the world does not seem to care,
I dream for a kindred spirit, one who
Will always be there.

In silence my isolation grows,
When it will end I will never know.
In silence it seems my life has passed me by,
It took me forever it seems to understand why.

In silence I have put up the walls so nobody comes in,
If they don't come down the dark prince will win.
In silence I listen to the voices in my head,
Gone astray, that is where they have lead.

From silence I learned to cope,
I have also found that there is hope.
Silence has broken my sensitive wings,
I could never talk about a lot of things.

Silence is not going to set you free
That it is no way to be.
Silence will bind you to the secrets of the heart,
Releasing it is the best place to start.

Once the silence is broken my wings can fly again,
The only question that remains is WHEN?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wonderful poem, Marie. You have talent and I am looking forward to reading more of your poetry.

Marie said...

Rain-Thank you so much. Please visit whenever the spirit moves you.