Thursday, July 26, 2007

Silence

In silence I dream of living another life,
Life without constant turmoil and strife.
In silence my darkness cries out for help,
But the world does not seem to care,
I dream for a kindred spirit, one who
Will always be there.

In silence my isolation grows,
When it will end I will never know.
In silence it seems my life has passed me by,
It took me forever it seems to understand why.

In silence I have put up the walls so nobody comes in,
If they don’t come down the darkness will win.
In silence I listen to the voices in my head,
Gone astray, that is where they have lead.

From silence I learned to cope,
I have also found that there is hope.
Silence has broken my sensitive wings,
I could never talk about a lot of things.

Silence is not going to set you free
That it is no way to be.
Silence will bind you to the secrets of the heart,
Releasing it is the best place to start.

Once the silence is broken my wings can fly again,
The only question that remains is WHEN?

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Beautiful poem - you are so talented!

And this is my fave Sarah Mc. song. The beginning of the lyrics so hits home to me.

Mel Avila Alarilla said...

Hi Marie,
Nice, deeply emotional poem. Every artist, especially poets, need silence to pacify their raging emotions and focus on their own thoughts. You could scarcely write poetry in a very noisy atmosphere.

Silence can be a friend or a foe, depending on how you treat it. It becomes a friend when it gives you the power and tranquility of solitude that is very conducive to
tapping our creative geniuses. It becomes a foe when it imprisons us to our solitary world, so alone and forlorn, and magnifies that situation to us.

You see, writing poem is a catharsis- a healing process. It affords you to vent your pent up emotions and frustrations in life.
Keep on writing them no matter what
some detractors may say. Anyway, they are in the minority, who see nothing else but black and gray in this world.

Let the light of the Lord shine upon you and let Him fill your heart with overflowing joy and your mind with abiding peace.

God bless you with everything that is pleasant and joyful in this world.

Marie said...

KSF-Thanks! I love that song too. It expresses how I feel sometimes.

Mel-The poem was written about my silence in not disclosing certain events and the toll it took on me until I got into therapy.

Sarah said...

Marie you are one talented woman. I wish I could write poetry like that. You pour out your soul and my wish for you is that God will bless you richly, like He's blessed you with the gift of writing.

Marie said...

Sarah-Thank you very much! I know that this gift was given to me by a higher power than myself. Please feel free to stop by any time.